George Tsereteli (Georgia) has served as President of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly since November 2017.
Previously, he was Vice-President of the Assembly, first elected during the 2012 Annual Session in Monaco and subsequently re-elected during the 2015 Annual Session in Helsinki. Following a career in business and as a practicing neurologist, Tsereteli came to politics in 1995. He served in the Tbilisi municipality before being elected to parliament in 1999. In the Georgian parliament, Tsereteli served as Deputy Chairman between 2000 and 2004, and from 2008 to 2012. In 2004, he was Georgia’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Labor, Health, and Social Protection.
As a member of parliament, Tsereteli also chaired the Committee on Regional Policy and Self-Governance (1999-2000) and the Committee on Healthcare and Social Issues (2004-2008). He currently sits on the Foreign Affairs Committee and the Committee on Healthcare and Social Issues. He also serves as Chairman of the “European Georgia – Movement for Liberty” parliamentary faction.
From 2011 to 2013, Tsereteli served as President of the European Parliamentary Forum on Population and Development (EPF), having previously served as its Vice-President.
- Address to the OSCE Permanent Council, Vienna, 31 October 2019
- Remarks at the European Conference of Presidents of Parliament in Strasbourg, 24 October 2019
- Address at the 141st Assembly of the IPU in Belgrade, 16 October 2019
- Opening remarks at the 18th Autumn Meeting in Marrakech, 4 October 2019
- Keynote address at the seminar "The Foundations of Parliamentary Oversight: Ensuring Accountability in Democratic Societies", Bishkek, 27 September 2019
- Opening remarks at the Human Dimension Implementation Meeting in Luxembourg, 16 September 2019
- Opening remarks at the Silk Road Support Group conference in Andermatt, 5 September 2019
- Report of the OSCE PA President to the 28th Annual Session, 4 July 2019
- Address to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly's Spring Session, Bratislava, 3 June 2019
- Address to the opening plenary of the 18th OSCE PA Winter Meeting, 21 February 2019
- Report for the OSCE PA's Winter Meeting, Vienna, 21-22 February 2019
- Address to the OSCE Permanent Council, Vienna, 17 January 2019
- Address to the OSCE Ministerial Council, Milan, 6 December 2018
- Address to OSCE Chairmanship anti-corruption conference, Rome, 12 November 2018
- Address to the Inter-Parliamentary Union, Geneva, 16 October 2018
- Remarks to the OSCE Permanent Council, Vienna, 11 October 2018
- Remarks to the Third Meeting of Speakers of Eurasian Countries’ Parliaments, 9 October 2018
- Closing remarks to the 17th Autumn Meeting, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, 5 October 2018
- Opening address to the 17th Autumn Meeting, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, 3 October 2018
- Address to the OSCE Human Dimension Implementation Meeting, Warsaw, 10 September 2018
- Remarks to the OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media’s 15th South Caucasus Media Conference, Tbilisi, 18 July 2018
- Closing remarks to the OSCE PA's 27th Annual Session in Berlin, 11 July 2018
- Opening speech to the OSCE PA's 27th Annual Session in Berlin, 8 July 2018
- Report for the OSCE PA's 27th Annual Session in Berlin
- Opening remarks to the International Conference on “Digital Resilience of a Democratic State,” 8 May 2018
- Opening remarks to the International Conference on “The role of Parliamentarians in boosting economic cooperation and cultural ties along the Silk Road,” 13 March 2018
- Opening remarks to the 17th OSCE PA Winter Meeting, Vienna, 22 February 2018
- Address to the OSCE Ministerial Council, Vienna, 7 December 2017
- Remarks to the PACE Standing Committee meeting, Copenhagen, 24 November 2017