AD HOC COMMITTEE ON MIGRATION
The Ad Hoc Committee on Migration issued the report "Ensuring a Coherent, Shared and Responsible Governance of Migration and Refugee Flows" at the 2017 Autumn Meeting in Andorra.
The Committee was established following a unanimous decision taken by the Standing Committee on 25 February 2016 in Vienna, with Filippo Lombardi serving as Chair. He was succeeded by Nahima Lanjri (Belgium). Margareta Cederfelt, an OSCE PA Vice-President and Deputy Head of the Swedish Delegation, was appointed by President Tsereteli as Acting Chair of the Ad Hoc Committee on Migration on 22 January 2020. For more information on the OSCE PA's work on the migration issue, please click here.
The committee’s full mandate and membership is below.
- Serve as a focal point for the OSCE PA’s work in the field of migration in all three dimensions of the OSCE: political and security questions; economic issues; and human rights and humanitarian questions; and report back to the President and the Standing Committee;
- Develop policy recommendations aimed at enhancing OSCE work in the field of migration and at improving the treatment of, and prospects for, migrants in OSCE countries;
- Promote discussion within the Assembly on issues related to migration, and promote parliamentary exchanges of best practice in these fields;
- Work closely with the OSCE Secretariat and Institutions as well as with relevant outside actors on issues related to migration to promote the understanding among the members of the Assembly of the importance of the work done in this field.
The Ad Hoc Committee consists of the following members.
- Margareta Cederfelt (Sweden), Acting Chair
- Laurynas Kasciunas (Lithuania), Vice-Chair
- Haydar Akar (Turkey)
- Jan Bauer (Czech Republic)
- Daniela De Ridder (Germany)
- Alfred Dubs (United Kingdom)
- Gianluca Ferrara (Italy)
- Hedy Fry (Canada)
- Elona Hoxha Gjebrea (Albania)
- Sylvie Goy-Chavent (France)
- Sheila Jackson Lee (United States of America)
- Farah Karimi (The Netherlands)
- Mehmet Sait Kirazoglu (Turkey)
- Kyriakos Kyriakou-Hadjiyianni (Cyprus)
- Massimo Mallegni (Italy)
- Stefana Miladinovic (Serbia)
- Evangelos Syrigos (Greece)
- Georgios Varemenos (Greece)
- << Prev