Michael Georg Link (Germany) was elected Vice-Chair of the Third Committee at the 2018 Annual Session in Berlin and re-elected at the 2019 Annual Session in Luxembourg.
He is a member of the German Parliament for the Free Democratic Party, serving on the European Affairs and the Budget Committee of the Bundestag. He previously served as Minister of State for Europe in the German government, where he was responsible for OSCE, EU, Council of Europe and NATO affairs.
From 2014 to 2017 he was the Director of the OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR).
- Human rights in focus in Vice-Chair Link’s visit to Washington - 13 March 2019
- OSCE PA human rights leaders urge focus on the safety of journalists - 14 January 2019
- OSCE PA human rights leaders urge humanitarian action for Leyla Güven in Turkey - 14 January 2019
- OSCE PA human rights leaders concerned at detentions of Turkish opposition members - 12 October 2018
- OSCE PA human rights leaders deplore non-transparent candidate registration in Afghanistan elections - 6 October 2018
- High-level OSCE PA participation at Europe’s largest human rights conference - 21 September 2018
- OSCE PA human rights leaders welcome end to state of emergency in Turkey, call for release of parliamentarians - 20 July 2018