MARK PRITCHARD (UNITED KINGDOM)
Mark Pritchard was appointed Special Representative on South East Europe in July 2018. In the United Kingdom, he has been a Member of Parliament for the Wrekin in Shropshire since 2005 and has served on the Transport, Works & Pensions, Wales, and Environmental Audit select committees.
As Special Representative, Pritchard is tasked with serving as the Assembly’s focal point in South East Europe, promoting dialogue, and encouraging reconciliation and rehabilitation in the region. He also serves as Head of the UK Delegation to the OSCE PA.
Promote dialogue in all segments of society, in particular at the parliamentary level, in order to encourage reconciliation and rehabilitation in South East Europe, and in particular in the Western Balkans, and to make a contribution to the transformation and building up of democratic institutions;
Maintain close contact with and serve as a focal point for the Assembly’s work in the region in general and its participation in activities of the Regional Cooperation Council in particular;
Advise and report back to the President on the situation in the region, in particular the development of the situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina and with respect to the Belgrade-Pristina dialogue, as well as the name issue with respect to the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia;
Communicate with relevant actors within the OSCE as well as PA Committees dealing with migration and terrorism who work on issues related to the region.
- No alternative to good-faith Belgrade-Pristina dialogue, OSCE PA’s Pritchard says in field visit - 01-Feb-2019
- OSCE PA Special Representative Pritchard continues series of visits to South East Europe with two days of meetings in Belgrade - 21-Sep-2018
- OSCE Parliamentary Assembly’s newly appointed Special Representative on South East Europe concludes visit to Albania and Montenegro - 16-Aug-2018
- OSCE PA Special Representative notes recent progress, challenges in Balkans - 07-Sep-2015
- In Skopje, OSCE PA Special Representative urges crisis-resolution in meetings with political leaders - 05-Jun-2015
- OSCE PA Special Representative visits Belgrade, Prishtine/Pristina - 03-Jun-2015
- In former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, broad political dialogue and accountability are essential, says OSCE PA’s Battelli - 13-Mar-2015
- Special Representative Battelli expresses condolences, calls for more relief for Balkans flood victims - 21-May-2014