- The President is the highest political representative of the Assembly.
- The nine Vice-Presidents are elected to three-year terms (except those who are elected to fill a vacancy) in staggered elections.
- Doris Barnett (Germany) was elected Treasurer of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly at the 2015 Annual Session in Helsinki.
- The President Emeritus is the immediately preceding President of the Assembly.
- Each General Committee is led by a Chair, Vice-Chair and Rapporteur.
President and Bureau
The President, Vice-Presidents, Treasurer, Officers of the three General Committees and President Emeritus serve in the Bureau. They are all elected by the Assembly at the Annual Sessions.