PASCAL ALLIZARD (FRANCE)
OSCE PA President Christine Muttonen (Austria) appointed Deputy Head of the French Delegation Pascal Allizard as the Assembly’s Special Representative on Mediterranean Affairs in July 2017.
With a mandate to enhance the Mediterranean dimension of the Assembly’s work, Allizard is tasked with conducting visits to Mediterranean Partner countries, maintaining contacts with the Mediterranean Partners for Co-operation, and participating in the OSCE’s annual Mediterranean Conference on behalf of the Assembly.
Allizard was elected to the French Senate in 2014 and also serves as a Vice-President of the OSCE PA.
Enhance the Mediterranean dimension of the Assembly’s work, given that European security is directly linked to security and stability in the Mediterranean region;
Maintain contacts with the Mediterranean Partners for Co-operation and participate in events related to supporting relations between the Mediterranean area and the OSCE area;
Encourage meetings and exchanges with the OSCE Contact Group with the Mediterranean Partners for Co-operation, participate in the OSCE’s annual Mediterranean Conference on behalf of the Assembly and conduct ad hoc visits when possible to Mediterranean Partner countries;
Consider ways to strengthen the role of the Assembly’s Mediterranean Forum;
Consider instruments for stimulating the organization of a Mediterranean Forum under the auspices of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly;
- Report regularly on developments in the region, including on opportunities for improved co-operation.
- Special Representative Allizard holds meetings in Rabat on migration and Mediterranean co-operation - 19 September 2018
- Opening remarks by Special Representative Pascal Allizard at the OSCE PA Mediterranean Forum, 4 October 2019
- Report of the Special Representative on Mediterranean Affairs Pascal Allizard to the OSCE PA Annual Session, Berlin, 7 July 2018
- Remarks by Special Representative on Mediterranean Affairs Pascal Allizard, Valletta, 16 November 2017
- Report by Pascal Allizard, OSCE PA Special Representative on Mediterranean Affairs, to the Autumn Meeting, Andorra, 4 October 2017