The 18th Winter Meeting of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly was held 21-22 February 2019 at the Hofburg Congress Centre in Vienna. Photos of the meeting are on the OSCE PA's Flickr page. Videos will be made available as soon as possible on YouTube. Speeches and reports are posted below.
Taking place at the headquarters of the OSCE, the Winter Meeting provides an opportunity for OSCE parliamentarians to hold discussions on timely issues, to be briefed by high-level OSCE officials, and to meet with representatives of the OSCE’s governmental side.
The 2019 Winter Meeting featured speeches by President of the Austrian National Council Wolfgang Sobotka, OSCE PA President George Tsereteli, OSCE Chair-in-Office and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Slovakia Miroslav Lajčák, OSCE Secretary General Thomas Greminger, and others. The OSCE PA’s general committees met to hear from government representatives of OSCE countries and discuss matters related to political and security affairs, economics and the environment, and human rights and humanitarian questions. Members held debates on issues such as restrictions on human rights during emergencies; fighting corruption, money laundering and the financing of terrorism; and how to best leverage the tools and mechanisms of the OSCE to resolve protracted conflicts.
The closing joint session of the general committees featured reports by OSCE PA Special Representatives and the Chairs of OSCE PA Ad Committees on Migration and Countering Terrorism. Leaders of recent election observation missions to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, the United States and Armenia presented reports, followed by discussions.
General information, agendas, reports and speeches are available below.
Media inquiries may directed to OSCE PA Head of Communications and Press Nat Parry: [email protected] or +45 60 10 81 77
- General Programme (ENG)
- General Programme (FRE)
- General Programme (RUS)
- Committee and Plenary Agendas (ENG)
- Committee and Plenary Agendas (FRE)
- Committee and Plenary Agendas (RUS)
- General Information
- Migration, counter-terrorism, corruption and more debated at OSCE PA’s Winter Meeting in Vienna
- Parliamentarians’ role in promoting OSCE work highlighted at Winter Meeting in Vienna
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Nearly 300 OSCE parliamentarians to gather in Vienna for 18th Winter Meeting
Speeches and reports
- OSCE PA President George Tsereteli's address to the opening plenary, 21 February 2019
- President of the Austrian Parliament Wolfgang Sobotka's address to the opening plenary, 21 February 2019
- OSCE Chair-in-Office Miroslav Lajcak's address to the opening plenary, 21 February 2019
- OSCE Secretary General Thomas Greminger's address to the opening plenary, 21 February 2019
- President Tsereteli's report for the OSCE PA's Winter Meeting, Vienna, 21-22 February 2019
- Secretary General Montella's report to the Standing Committee, 21 February 2019
- Address by Special Representative on Gender Issues Hedy Fry, 22 February 2019
- Report of the Ad Hoc Committee on Countering Terrorism Chair Makis Voridis, 22 February 2019
- Report of the Ad Hoc Committee on Migration Chair Nahima Lanjri, 22 February 2019
- Report on the OSCE PA Ad Hoc Committee on Migration Visit to Denmark and Sweden, 21-23 October 2018
- Report by Special Representative on Human Trafficking Issues Chris Smith, 22 February 2019
- Report by Special Representative on Anti-Semitism, Racism and Intolerance Ben Cardin, 22 February 2019
- Report by Special Representative on Central Asia Roman Haider, 22 February 2019
- Report by Special Representative on South East Europe Mark Pritchard, 22 February 2019